In addition to my custom work I also offer sewing classes, either on a one-to-one tuition basis or to small groups. I have taught all levels, from absolute beginners who need to know where to start up to experienced sewers who want to focus on a particular skill. Classes are available either at my workshop or I can come to you (mileage charged at HMRC standard rate).
With both one-to-one and group tuition you can either pick your subject for a one-off class or choose from one of my “ready made” lessons, which include:
- Get to know your sewing machine (2 1/2 hours, one-to one price £40)
- Beyond the Basics – sewing techniques for improvers (2 hours, one-to-one price £30)
- Basic cushions (2 1/2 hours, one-to-one price £40)
- Perfect pencil skirt (3 hours, one-to-one price £50)
- A-line skirts (3 hours, one-to-one price £50)
Other topics I have taught include pattern drafting and a series of weekly sessions working through a commercial pattern of the students choice. I am always open to suggestions and requests for lesson topics though, so do get in touch with your ideas!